Dell MD3000 RAID Failure
PowerVault MD3000 Direct Attached Storage Data Recovery Service.
Generally configured with one or multiple RAID setups, in many instances, those RAID setups are configured with no alerts when a drive fails.
More often than not, a client discovers he lost access to the RAID, after a second drive fails in a RAID 5 setup (3rd drive fails in a RAID 6 setup)
MD-3000 Can host SAS or SATA drives. SAS Drives tend to be more reliable, faster and more expensive. SATA generally are low cost and can provider greater capacity.
Some of the error messages on MD3000 event log:
- Timeout on drive side of controller [physical disk]
- VDD logger an error
- MD3000i 4011 error
- “The storage array contains a RAID controller module that has not been added”
- LUN Error
- Physical disk status LED is flashing amber.
- Multiple physical disks are not seen in MD Storage Manager.
- Enclosure is not seen by attached host controller.
Contact us and speak to an expert in regards to your data loss event. We offer a free expert consultation to get you back and running as fast as possible..