IBM System Storage DS Recovery
IBM (International Business Machines) is a well-known global technology company that provides hardware, software, cloud-based services, and cognitive computing. One of their most famous creation is the IBM System Storage DS. IBM System Storage has different versions. Each version focus on data management. IBM System Storage DS also has different versions and are designed for high-performance, reliability, and flexibility.
But just like other system storage, IBM System Storage DS also encounters problems. Due to this, WeRecoverData.com® is always here to help. Some professionals find it hard to fix issues connected with IBM System, but we can.
You may encounter the following IBM System Storage DS versions:
- DS8100– this version has a dual 2-core POWER5+ based controllers and can contain up to 384 drives which can be Fibre Channel or SATA.
- DS8300– it has dual 4-core POWER5+ based controllers (based on p570 servers) that can contain up to 1024 drives. The said drivers can be Fibre Channel or SATA.
- DS8700– has a dual 2-or4-core POWER6-based controller with 3.5″ Fibre channel drives or solid state disk. It can also contain up to 1,024 drives which can be 3.5″ 15K RPM drives and enterprise flash drives.
- DS8800– this version has a dual 2-core or 4-core POWER6+ based controllers that can contain up to 1,536 drives. Aside from that, it has a 2.5″ 10K and 15K RPM drives and SSD enterprise flash SAS-2 drives and a 3.5″ Nearline-SAS drives.
- DS8870– this one has a dual 2-, 4-, 8-, or 16-core POWER7-based controllers with running SMT 4-4 for 64 threads. It also includes 1tb Cache and is based on POWER7+ since December 2013. It has the power to contain up to 1,536 drives plus 120 1.8 inch flash cards in the High-Performance Flash Enclosure. Additionally, it has 2.5″ 10k and 15k RPM drives and enterprise flash SAS-2 drives and 3.5″ Nearline-SAS drives. It also has a high-performance flash enclosure that integrates and optimizes flash technology in the DS8870.
Aside from the versions mentioned above, you may also encounter the following.
- DS8880 Family
- DS8884 – the first part of the family has a dual 6-core POWER8-based controller that has a running SMT-4 for 24 threads. With up to 256GB cache and can also contain up to 783 HDD or SSD drives plus 120 1.8-inch flash cards in the high-performance flash enclosure. Aside from that, it has a high-performance flash enclosure which integrates and optimizes flash technology in the DS8880.
- DS8886 – moving on to the next member of the family is the DS8886 that has a dual 24-core POWER8-based controller with up to 2TB cache. It can also contain up to 1,536 HDD or SSD drives plus 240 1.8-inch flash cards in the High-performance Flash Enclosure. Like the first member, this also has a high-performance flash enclosure which also integrates an optimized flash technology in the DS8880.
- DS8888 – the last but not the least part of the family has a dual 48-core POWER8-based controller with up to 2TB cache and also has a high-performance flash enclosure that integrates and optimizes flash technology in the DS88880.
Problems with these versions usually occur due to incorrect installation which is why it is essential that you read the information carefully. But it is still best to call the professionals.
All the mentioned versions encounter an error from time to time but can be fixed right away by our professional team! Call us today and discover how we can solve your problems with IBM System Storage DS Recovery.